GERRY'S LADIES: Gerard Butler forum italiano

Chasing Mavericks, Surf Movie diretto da Curtis Hanson

« Older   Newer »
Elcant
view post Posted on 11/2/2011, 21:43

Nuovo film per la Evil Twins

Berlin: Gerard Butler Set For Walden Media Surf Pic 'Mavericks'
EXCLUSIVE: Gerard Butler has been set to star in Mavericks, the Curtis Hanson-directed fact-based drama for Walden Media. The film is based on the true story of Santa Cruz surf phenom Jay Moriarity and his quest to ride the treacherous Northern California breaks known as Mavericks, where winter swells create waves the size of five-story buildings. Butler will play Rick "Frosty" Hesson, the mentor who trained Moriarity for over a year and forged a close relationship with the surfer in the process. Though Moriarity survived those impossible waves, he died at 22 in a diving accident. But he remains an inspiration to surfers, who coined the phrase "Live like Jay."

Hanson, who just directed the HBO financial crisis drama Too Big To Fail, is directing a script by Kario Salem and Brandon Hooper. Hanson is searching for a young actor to play Moriarity. Butler, who recently starred for director Marc Forster in Machine Gun Preacher and the Ralph Fiennes-directed Coriolanus, will hit the surf for Mavericks after he completes Playing The Field. That Gabriele Muccino-directed film is Shampoo set in the world of pee wee soccer, where a philandering former pro soccer player tries to reunite with his family by coaching his son's team, only to put himself in dangerous scoring position with a gaggle of beautiful soccer moms. Butler is exec producing Mavericks with Alan Siegel, and Hanson, Hooper and Jim Meenaghan are producing. Michael Bostick and Amanda Morgan Palmer are overseeing for Walden. Lakeshore Entertainment is selling foreign on the film, which will begin shooting in October. Butler's repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment. UTA reps Hanson.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/berlin-ger...dias-mavericks/

view post Posted on 11/2/2011, 21:50

7° Liv. TOP - Membro del comitato G.L.M.D.G. ovvero: Giù Le Mani Da Gerry (Per la difesa del nostro contro le cacciatrici di eredità & pubblicità)

Group:
Moderatrice

Hanson.. quel Curtis Hanson?? Che ha diretto L.A. Confidential e 8Mile?? :cool.gif: :D :sopresa.gif:

Grazie Elcant per lo scoop! :clap2:

view post Posted on 12/2/2011, 18:59

8° Liv. TOP - Membro del comitato G.F.D.M.C.C.V. (Gerard Fai Di Me Ciò Che Vuoi)

Group:
Moderatrice globale e admin utenti

UELLA! :clap:

Curtis Hanson ha diretto un capolavoro come L.A.Confidential :cool.gif: e quindi è un'ottima premessa !

Mi sembra un buon progetto, non credete? ^_^

Mi vengono in mente film come " Point Break" e " Un Mercoledi' da Leoni "

Web  Top
view post Posted on 13/2/2011, 20:37

8° Liv. TOP - Membro del comitato G.F.D.M.C.C.V. (Gerard Fai Di Me Ciò Che Vuoi)

Group:

Questa notizia fa il paio con Gerry in vacanza alle Hawaii...
Vacanza... poi... :perplex2.gif:
Mi sa che sta già iniziando ad entrare nella parte ;) :D

Grazie, Ele! :cool.gif:

*shaula*
view post Posted on 14/2/2011, 10:11

Oh che bella notizia!

Grazie Ele1
:clap2:

view post Posted on 14/2/2011, 17:03

Group:

Visto che non hanno ancora trovato un interprete per Jay Moriarity (se non fosse per quella "i" di troppo avrei pensato ad un discendente dell'arcinemico di Holmes :lol2.gif: ) oso avanzare una candidatura.

For Your Consideration...

Alex Pettyfer ( www.imdb.com/name/nm1641117/ )

;)

Orpo, chissà se passeranno sopra al fatto che il ragazzo è 100% British? :lol:

view post Posted on 16/2/2011, 20:56

Group:

CITAZIONE (Elcant @ 11/2/2011, 21:43) 
Nuovo film per la Evil Twins

Berlin: Gerard Butler Set For Walden Media Surf Pic 'Mavericks'

www.deadline.com/2011/02/berlin-ger...dias-mavericks/

Ho accoppiato anche questo articolo:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/arc..._pic_mavericks/

La traduzione: http://lnx.gerryscorner.it/cpg133/displayi....php?pos=-25082

*shaula*
view post Posted on 20/2/2011, 21:26

Gerard Butler to star in ‘Mavericks’- new movie about Jay Moriarity
February 20, 2011

Gerard Butler is one of the most versatile and diverse actors in Hollywood today. And the latest movie he has signed on to star in is ‘Mavericks’. The movie is about Bay Area surfing icon Jay Moriarity and his quest to surf the waves at Mavericks. Gerard Butler will play the role of Ric Hesson, who was Moriarity’s mentor.

An NBC affiliate states that the story will focus on the relationship between the two surfers as they trained together to ride the fame wave at Mavericks.I am wondering if this means that we are going to see a buff, tan, shirtless Gerard Butler on the beach in most of his scenes in ‘Mavericks’. I can’t see that many women would be complaining about that fact.

However, the studios are still searching for someone to play Jay Moriarity. It will be interesting to see who gets picked for the role, to star alongside Gerard Butler

Che bello è in questa foto!?

http://likeitido.com/2011/02/20/gerard-but...-moriarity/7656

view post Posted on 10/3/2011, 20:23

Group:

CITAZIONE (*shaula* @ 20/2/2011, 21:26) 
Gerard Butler to star in ‘Mavericks’- new movie about Jay Moriarity
February 20, 2011

http://likeitido.com/2011/02/20/gerard-but...-moriarity/7656

Traduzione: http://lnx.gerryscorner.it/cpg133/displayi....php?pos=-25458

*shaula*
view post Posted on 28/6/2011, 20:53

Kario Salem To Write Crime Thriller For DreamWorks
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday June 28, 2011 @ 1:21pm EDT

EXCLUSIVE: Kario Salem has been set by DreamWorks to write an untitled crime thriller. He has already been working for the studio writing the Martin Luther King Jr movie that DreamWorks is doing with Warner Bros. Gary Foster, Russ Krasnoff and Adrienne Maloof are producing. The new project is inspired by true events. A decorated war hero returns home to a job as a police officer, and to the woman of his dreams. His world is turned on its head when everything he believes in turns out to be fiction. CAA-repped Salem is writing Scarpetta for Angelina Jolie to play the medical examiner heroine Kay Scarpetta from the Patricia Cornwell novels. He also scripted Mavericks, a Curtis Hanson-directed drama that will star Gerard Butler. Salem's managed by Anonymous Content.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/kario-sale...for-dreamworks/

view post Posted on 27/7/2011, 11:19

Group:

Gerard Butler to star in Surf Film called MAVERICKS

Looks like we've got a new surf film going into production. The movie is called Mavericks and Gerard Butler (300) is set to star in it. This is exciteing for me because I love surfing. The movie is based on a true story in which Butler will play Rick "Frosty" Hesson the man who trained Jay Moriarty to surf the incredibly huge waves at the treacherous Northern California surf break known as Mavericks. Moriarty is a freakin' big wave legend amoung surfers. Unfortuntely he died in 2001 from a free-diving accident a day before he turned 23 years old. I think it's awesome that a movie is being made that celebrates his life.

The movie is set to be directed Curtis Hanson is set to direct from a script by Kario Salem and Brandon Hooper. Hanson is currently on the hunt for a young actor to play Moriarity. The film is scheduled to start shooting in October.

Here's a description of the film from Deadline: "While still a teenager, Moriarity took on the waves at Northern California surfing jewel Mavericks, where the winter swells pull in waves five stories tall. He had prodded wise surfing elder "Frosty" Hesson to prepare him, and after finally relenting, the local legend put Moriarity through a program of intense physical training."

The film is being produced by Walden Media, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Here's a little background information Jay Moriarty from surfline:

In a dozen short years, from the first time he paddled a surfboard out at Santa Cruz until his untimely death from a free-diving accident in the Maldives, Jay Moriarty earned a reputation in the sport that will prevail indefinitely. His much-heralded big-wave exploits and longboard expertise only dabble the first few brushstrokes of a life lived as a masterpiece. In an earlier era, Moriarty would have been just one of the boys, but to contrast his waterman's spirit with that of other modern professional surfers, his clear vision offers a much-needed dose of fresh air. His infectious smile and sense of humility defined him, and in death they continue to spread out from his Northern California playground to each corner of the world.

Born in Georgia, James Michael Moriarty soon relocated to Santa Cruz. His father Doug, and Airborne Ranger, instilled in the young lad a sense for adventure and introduced him to surfing as an 11-year-old tike at Sewer Peak. According to Jay, "When I started I didn't have a wetsuit. I just had shorts and a t-shirt that I wore. And I had a 7'0" Haut, a little pintail, like a three-inch-thick '70s board. I was unequipped and clueless but I didn't give a shit. It was just so much fun."

The following year, Moriarty discovered his calling during, of all things, an NSSA shortboard contest at Pleasure Point. In double-overhead surf, the 12-year-old was the only kid to make it out, winning the event and realizing his affinity for big surf. Shortly thereafter, he chanced across a wizened elder local named Rick "Frosty" Hesson in the midst of a rant about the newly-ordained jewel of California surfing, Maverick's. After much prodding from the indomitable young Moriarty, the former lifeguard and collegiate swimmer agreed to prepare him for his future. Jay was determined to conquer Maverick's, but not before Hesson engaged him in a program of intense mental and physical training.

Meanwhile, Moriarty also gained a reputation as a solid longboard competitor despite ridicule from the local shortboard contingent. Inspired by traditionalists Robert "Wingnut" Weaver and Kevin Miske, he became not so much of a full-time longboarder, but an amazingly adaptable surfer, able to switch seamlessly between all manner of waveriding equipment. Nurtured in the surf clubs around Santa Cruz, he developed an appreciation for all forms of surfing, but mostly for the ocean itself. He became an accomplished swimmer, diver, paddler and fisherman. Eventually, his easygoing nature disarmed even the harshest of critics.

As winter approached each year his attention turned north to Maverick's. Still unknown outside of Santa Cruz as of December 19, 1994, the 16-year-old pizza parlor employee made his way to the burgeoning spot during the most consistent week in its history. Barely into the takeoff zone, he swung around and launched himself into what would be called the most spectacular wipeout ever caught on film, landing straight on the cover of Surfer magazine. Fortunately, his diligent training saw him through unscathed, and he continued on course as the most promising big-wave teen on earth.

The instant fame did nothing to derail the happy-go-lucky kid, instead providing opportunity for him to spread his good will to a wider audience. Suddenly, all the world knew about the humble young waterman. At the request of Moriarty's primary sponsor, O'Neill, he joined Wingnut and fellow big-wave maestro Richard Schmidt as instructors for the O'Neill Surf Academy, visiting eight European countries each summer and instructing some 50 surfers each week. He spent his down time riding motocross and jumping from airplanes, having successfully completed over 100 skydives. At Maverick's he continued to fall from the sky on a regular basis, demonstrating uncanny wave knowledge and control of the situation. Still in his early 20's, he had secured a prime spot in the heavy lineup, impressing local pioneer Jeff Clark enough to be chosen as his tow partner.

Moriarty planned on a future as a firefighter, having completed his EMT training at Cabrillo College, but he would get no closer toward his goal. The day before his 23rd birthday, Jay drowned while free-diving alone off the Lohifushi Island resort in the Maldives, where he was visiting for a photo shoot. He had planned to meet his wife of less than one year, Kim, and begin his fourth season, this time as head instructor, for the O'Neill Academy through Europe. On June 26, a memorial service drew at Pleasure Point drew hundreds of well-wishers as Kim spread his ashes back into the ocean. Those in attendance contend that despite the tragic loss, it was not so much of a mourning as a celebration of his incomparable positive attitude towards life.

http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/2/11/gerar...-mavericks.html

Mi piace che abbiano usato una foto di Ischia... :fischio.gif:

Web  Top
Brin144
view post Posted on 28/7/2011, 23:58

Purtroppo l'ultimo link porta a "page not found" :cry.gif:

Grazie, comunque :kiss.gif:

view post Posted on 13/8/2011, 14:49

Group:

Pare abbiano trovato l' attore per il ruolo di Jay Moriarty

Surf's Up For Jonny Weston, Who Lands Lead In 'Mavericks'
By MIKE FLEMING | Friday August 12, 2011 @ 8:43pm EDT

Comments (14) EXCLUSIVE: While Gerard Butler was announced as the big name in the Curtis Hanson-directed surf movie Mavericks, the lead role all the young actors chased is Jay Moriarty, the teenage big wave rider who successfully rode Mavericks. That is a body of water in Northern California that became popular with daredevil surfers who braved the structure and rocks to ride waves the size of five-story buildings. Twenty-two year-old Jonny Weston has been offered and is in negotiations for the lead role of Moriarty in the Walden Media-backed film.

Kario Salem and Brandon Hooper wrote the script and Hooper is producing with Jim Meenaghan. Butler plays Rick "Frosty" Hesson, the mentor who trained Moriarty to ride the Mavericks when the surfer was just 16. Though Moriarity survived those impossible waves, he died at 22 in a diving accident. But he remains an inspiration to surfers, who coined the phrase "Live like Jay." Weston's is currently shooting Cherry, starring alongside James Franco and Dev Patel in the Stephen Elliot-directed indie drama. He's an accomplished surfer, which helped his cause. Weston's repped by ICM, 3 Arts and Jeff Gill.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/surfs-up-f...d-in-mavericks/

Web  Top
V-Mars
view post Posted on 13/8/2011, 17:46

Mica male l'attore che hanno scelto per il ruolo principale!!! Caruccio proprio!

view post Posted on 5/9/2011, 21:04

Group:

CITAZIONE (demrilla @ 27/7/2011, 12:19) 
Gerard Butler to star in Surf Film called MAVERICKS

http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/2/11/gerar...-mavericks.html

Traduzione: http://lnx.gerryscorner.it/cpg133/displayimage.php?pid=27909

201 replies since 11/2/2011, 21:43   3878 views