GERRY'S LADIES: Gerard Butler forum italiano

Coriolanus

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 22/10/2009, 08:24

8° Liv. TOP - Membro del comitato G.F.D.M.C.C.V. (Gerard Fai Di Me Ciò Che Vuoi)

Group:
Moderatrice globale e admin utenti

Nell' intervista a WJZ Baltimore Gerry ha parlato del prossimo progetto cinematografico: l' adattamento del Coriolanus di William Shakespeare , con Ralph Fiennes che sara' anche al suo debutto come regista

:cool.gif:

http://wjz.com/video/[email protected]

Ulteriori notizie

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800379...egoryid=13&cs=1

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=fe...1117999729&cs=1

Curioso il fatto che proprio Coriolanus abbia segnato anche il debutto di GB sulle scene :cool.gif:

Web  Top
romy83
view post Posted on 22/10/2009, 08:42

Che bella notizia :sopresa.gif: Grazie dem

manuphantom
view post Posted on 22/10/2009, 10:44

ma che bello non vedo l'ora hihihi,grazie mille dem per la bella notizia!!!

pudding76
view post Posted on 22/10/2009, 11:31

Splendida notizia :clap: :clap:
Grazie.

Elcant
view post Posted on 22/10/2009, 11:48

E' una notizia favolosa! Ralph Fiennes è un attore fantastico, e sono certa che lo sarà anche come regista. Inoltre essendo uno dei piu' grandi attori in circolo e con una vastissima esperienza sia teatrale che cinematografica, avere scelto Gerry per il suo film è un grandissimo attestato di stima nei suoi confronti.
Chissà dove e quando gireranno il film.

*shaula*
view post Posted on 22/10/2009, 14:27

Altro articolo sull'argomento

Gerard Butler Goes Shakespearean in 'Coriolanus'
by Elisabeth Rappe Oct 22nd 2009 // 9:03AM

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, many of you feel my client Gerard Butler should be placed on movie star probation. In the light of new evidence, I plan to petition for a retrial as it would appear that Mr. Butler has abandoned romantic comedies in order to accept a role from England's greatest playwright. Yes, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Butler is taking a role in William Shakespeare's Coriolanus alongside Ralph Fiennes, William Hurt, Vanessa Redgrave, and Jessica Chastain. Fiennes will be playing the lead and will be helming the adaptation in his directing debut, which was adapted by John Logan.

On a very awkward appearance on Baltimore WJX, Butler revealed that his next role would be in Fiennes' adaptation, and he described it as "a passion project" for them both. He didn't specify which role he would be taking on, but I'm hoping it's Coriolanus' sworn enemy, Tullus Aufidius. He always looks so good with blood on him, and it would be glorious to watch him fight Fiennes.

Of course, this is Shakespeare and financing could be difficult even with Fiennes at the helm, though a solid cast should help with that. It was one of the projects at the IFF this September, and I hope they found someone to give them some money. Not only does the world always need more Shakespeare, but Butler needs a meaty role now. Seeing as it was Steven Berkoff's Coriolanus was what ushered Butler into acting, I can think of no better production (save perhaps The Scottish Play) that could wrangle him another plea bargain.

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/10/22/gera...-in-coriolanus/

manumars
view post Posted on 22/10/2009, 16:46

ma che bellooooooo :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

otty35
view post Posted on 22/10/2009, 20:11

Grazie!!! :fiori.gif: :fiori.gif:

view post Posted on 23/10/2009, 08:19

8° Liv. TOP - Membro del comitato G.F.D.M.C.C.V. (Gerard Fai Di Me Ciò Che Vuoi)

Group:

E infatti il suo ruolo sara' quello di Tullus Aufidius :cool.gif:

Gerard Butler tells Quint who he's playing in Ralph Fiennes' Shakespeare adaptation of CORIOLANUS!!!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I just got off the phone with Gerard Butler who is still out there beating the drum for the really fun LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, pushing for its second weekend.

During the chat he revealed a bit of news about appearing in the Ralph Fiennes directed film version of William Shakespeare’s tragedy Coriolanus. I read online that he also mentioned it this morning during a morning news program appearance, but he didn’t mention who he would play there… So I’m the special one. Eat that, morning news!

Here’s the quote from the man himself!

“It looks like I might be doing Coriolanus, the Shakespeare play, the movie version... the adaptation of. Ralph Fiennes will be directing and playing Coriolanus and I’d be playing Tullus Aufidius his nemesis!”

Of course he said “nemesis” with the evil voice on, which made it sound even more badass. :D

If you’re not familiar with the original works, the story follows a Roman General named Gaius Martius Coriolanus who is at battle with Tullus Aufidius, the leader of the Volscian army. Aufidius hates the shit out of Martius, but ends up working with him after Martius is banished from Rome after a brief, failed political career.

It seems Coriolanus is a bit of a dick and treats the average citizen with contempt. Unless they were in the army they’re not worthy of opinion. So, naturally, he’s banished and ends up teaming up with the Volscians to get his revenge on Rome.

So, that’s in the works and Butler is playing the Volscian General Aufidius.

The full interview should be up by this weekend. Keep an eye out for it!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42805

Web  Top
otty35
view post Posted on 23/10/2009, 16:38

Grazie ancora Dem!!! :clap2:

view post Posted on 24/10/2009, 10:27

Group:

Gerard Butler Fights For Rome And Shakespeare NextBy Katey Rich: 2009-10-22 17:20:33

I was having a conversation earlier this week with some movie friends and had to balk when someone described Gerard Butler as "great actor." Good actor, fine by me-- he screamed convincingly in a Speedo in 300 and managed a rage-filled American accent in Law Abiding Citizen just fine. But great? Not yet, buster.

Apparently Butler heard me and his upping his game, as he announced on a Baltimore radio show, of all places, that he's getting ready to star in Shakespare's Coriolanus, alongside Ralph Fiennes, William Hurt, Vanessa Redgrave, and Jessica Chastain (Chastain will be featured in Terrence Malick's Tree of Life, which just got pushed back to a release date next year).

As reported by Cinematical, Butler calls it "a passion project" for both himself at Fiennes, even though Butler isn't saying what his role will be. Fiennes is playing the lead, of course, and will be directing; the role best suited to Butler seems to be Tullus Aufidius, Coriolanus' sworn enemy who later teams up with him to lead an attack on Rome. So long as Butler yelling "Rome!" has the same ring to it that "Sparta!" did, we'll be on board. :cool.gif:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Gerard-Butl...Next-15345.html

E comunque si' , Gerard Butler è un Grande Attore!

:wink2.gif:

Web  Top
LaraCroft79
view post Posted on 24/10/2009, 11:05

Evviva!!!!Che bella notizia!!!

Sarà sicuramente uno splendido film!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

*shaula*
view post Posted on 24/10/2009, 15:57

Se volete leggere la tragedia di Shakespeare, la trovate qui:
http://books.google.it/books

Anche se non sappiamo neppure quale personaggio interpreterà.

otty35
view post Posted on 24/10/2009, 19:23

Grazie ragazze!!!!! :fiori.gif: :fiori.gif:

*shaula*
view post Posted on 26/10/2009, 09:46

Gerard Butler to arrive in Belgrade
Author: A. Novakovic | 26.10.2009 - 09:14

Gerard Butler, the popular Scottish actor who became famous after the role of King Leonidas in a film “300”, will have a role in the film “Coriolanus”. Shooting of the film starts in March next year in Belgrade.

The film will be directed by Ralph Fiennes who has the main role. Apart from Fiennes and Butler in “Coriolanus” which is a modern version of the well-know play by Shakespeare, William Hurt and Vanessa Redgrave will also be part of the cast. This will be Fiennes’s direction debut and the famous actor said that he chose Butler for this role because he has already had a role in the same theatre play. Last year Fiennes visited Serbia twice in order to see the potential shooting locations. Buildings which have left the strongest impressions on Fiennes are The Palace of Serbia and IMT factory. He has also visited Deliblatska pescara, Petrovardin and the PINK film studio in Simanovci. During his second visit in November last year, Fiennes met Serbian Interior Minister Ivica Dacic, who promised the famous actor to have the police forces, gendarmerie and cavalry at his disposal for the shooting.
“Coriolanus” is a tragedy by William Shakespeare, based on the life of the legendary Roman leader, Gaius Martius Coriolanus. This Roman general got the name Coriolanus after conquering the Volscian city of Corioles in 493 BC. Condemned as a traitor, he was banished.

http://www.blic.rs/culture.php?id=5393

404 replies since 22/10/2009, 08:24   8033 views